Home » Airport Info »
Covid-19 – What you need to know when travelling via Palma Airport
To ensure your and others’ safety while you travel, please keep in mind the following when preparing to go to the airport and for the duration of your journey.
Are you ok to travel?
Do not go to the airport if
- You have any symptoms of Covid-19 (e.g. fever, cough, shortness of breath)
- You have tested positive with Covid-19 in the last 14 days.
- Anyone you are in close contact with has tested positive with Covid-19 in the last 14 days.
Prepare for your journey
- Check with your airline before going to the airport.
- Please check in online. This will avoid unnecessary queuing and speed up your journey time at the airport. For more information, please also see our page “Departing from Palma Airport“.
- Make sure you have enough face masks and hand sanitiser for your journey. Unless instructed otherwise, you must change your face mask every four hours.
- Thoroughly read through all the relevant guidance you have been given by your airline.
- All passengers arriving in Spain must complete a health questionnaire (FCS form). Please use the following link to fill this in online https://www.spth.gob.es/create and follow the instructions on the website. Android users can choose to download an app for this purpose, which can be found when searching for “SpTH” in the Google Play Store. Completing the form online before you travel will save time when arriving at the airport.
- If you are unable to complete the FCS form online, please bring a pen, as you will be asked to complete the form manually.
At Palma Airport
Please observe the following rules at all times
- Wear a face mask.
- Keep a distance of 1.5 metres to all other people whenever possible.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or with your elbow if you need to sneeze or cough, even when wearing a face mask.
- Minimise any contact with surfaces as much as possible if it is safe to do so.
- Wash your hands regularly with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or, if this is not possible, use alcohol hand sanitiser.
- Drinking water fountains must only be used to fill up a bottle or other container.
- When collecting your luggage, please wait until the person in front of you has cleared the area.
- Please be advised that only passengers are permitted to enter the terminal building (unless you are accompanying a person with reduced mobility or a minor travelling on their own).
New procedures on arrival at Palma Airport
- On arrival at Palma Airport, you will need to submit your completed FCS-form (health questionnaire). If you have completed this online, you will simply need to scan your QR-code.
- The body temperature of all arriving passengers will be checked with the aid of thermal imaging cameras.
- Anyone identified as having a higher than normal body temperature will be examined by health professionals. Should the person not display any other symptoms of Covid-19, they will be able to continue the journey to their holiday destination. If Covid-19 is suspected, the passenger will need to undergo testing. Specific holiday accommodation has been reserved to allow self-isolation for those holidaymakers and their families who are confirmed as Covid-19 positive.
- Remember that anyone who has come to pick you up or meet you has to wait outside the terminal building.
Read more about Mallorca’s new normal and Mallorca’s new face mask rules.