Car hire at
Pick up your car INSIDE Palma Airport
- Mallorca Car Hire at €4.90 per day!
- Compare ALL Mallorca suppliers!
- Special deals for autumn 2021
- Free cancellation & upgrades
CAR HIRE at Mallorca Airport
There are a number of car hire rental desks right inside Palma de Mallorca Airport including Avis, Alamo, Enterprise, Europcar, Goldcar, Hertz, Record Go, Rhodium, Sixt and Thrifty. They can be easily accessed at arrivals on the ground floor of Palma Airport.
In the slider below we show some examples of daily car hire prices with the car rental companies at Palma de Mallorca Airport. These prices are based on hiring a car during the autumn of 2021 for a period of 14 days. Please be aware that car rental prices in Mallorca can fluctuate on a daily basis, especially as restrictions ease due to the pandemic.
Be aware that prices can differ greatly for car hire at Mallorca Airport depending on the time of year, type of car, fuel policy and extras.
Extras that you choose such as child seats, GPS, additional drivers and WiFi will normally be added to the daily cost and can make the total price increase considerably.
Choosing car hire at Mallorca Airport
Hiring a car at Mallorca Airport is the best way to really get to know the island of Mallorca in autumn 2021. To make your experience run as smoothly as possible, we’ve put together a comprehensive guide on everything you need to know about car hire in Mallorca.
Which type of car you hire largely depends on how many of you are travelling together, whether you’re travelling with luggage, your budget and whereabouts on the island you are planning to go. Do check out our tips on places to visit in Mallorca further down this page!
If you’ve got limited finances to work with and are travelling as a couple with only hand luggage, a Fiat 500 or something similar will get you round Mallorca perfectly.
But if you’re travelling as a large group with a lot of luggage, a tiny three-door car isn’t going to cut it. A people carrier might be better for you. You don’t need to know exactly which model you want to hire. Just having an idea of your requirements will be enough to help you chose the right car hire at Mallorca Airport.
When to book your Mallorca car hire
It’s best to book Mallorca car hire for autumn 2021 online in advance, as you get access to a much greater range of cars and discounted early bird rates. Compare prices between different car hire companies using price comparison to guarantee you’re getting the best deal.
The phrase, “If it seems too good to be true, then it usually is” applies when it comes to booking car rental. If you see a price that seems too cheap to be real, have a read of the terms and conditions. Chances are there’s a clause that says you agree to pay excessive rates for petrol or the likes.
On arrival At Palma Airport
You can hire a car directly from Palma de Mallorca airport without having pre-booked, after you land. There are plenty of desks in arrivals run by various operators.
Keep in mind that car rental prices are higher when you book on the same day compared to pre-booking ahead of time. So try to plan ahead and save money.
Mallorca Car Hire Fuel Policies
Fuel policies differ, not only between rental companies, but also between the type of rental contract you take out. Carefully read the finer print and weigh up your options.
This means you collect your rental car with a full tank and you return it with a full tank. Fairly easy at Palma Airport as there are plenty of petrol stations close by. Just don’t forget to fill up, otherwise you’ll likely be charged the cost of a full tank, even if you’re only a bit short of a tank. This option can work out cheapest overall, even though you may pay more to begin with.
With a pre-purchase fuel policy you buy a full tank of fuel when you collect your rental. The car hire company dictates the price of the fuel. You won’t get any refund for unused petrol. It’s not your best option if you’re not going to use the car much, but it might work out ok if you’re going to be doing a lot of driving and don’t want to be filling up on return.
Your hire car will have a full tank of petrol when you pick it up from Palma Airport and you’ll have to pay the full cost for it. Again, the car hire company sets the price fo fuel. When you return the car, the cost of the remaining fuel will be calculated and refunded to your card, minus an admin fee according to the rental contract.
Super-clean rental cars at PMI
Car hire companies at Palma Airport have put in place a range of new safety procedures based on the latest guidance from the World Health Organization (WHO), the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) and local government. Although each car hire company has its own Covid-protocol, the measures taken are broadly the same – we have summarised these for you below.
The following measures have been put in place at Palma Airport car hire desks and pick-up stations:
- There are social distancing reminders (e.g. stickers on the floor) at car hire desks and offices, to help customers and employees to keep a safe distance from others.
- Protective screens have been fitted where needed.
- All employees have been trained on health and safety standards, wear appropriate PPE (e.g. face masks and gloves) and practise good hand hygiene.
- Enhanced, more frequent cleaning schedules are in place, especially of ‘high-touch areas’ (e.g. counters, door handles, payment facilities, etc.), which are cleaned and sanitised regularly.
- Hand sanitisers are available for customers and employees.
- One-way systems, to direct the flow of customers, have been put in place where needed and a limit to customer numbers at the desk or in the office has been introduced.
- Car hire contracts and other relevant items of paperwork are available in digital format, although printed copies will be issued on request.
The car hire industry is doing everything possible to help customers who need to change an upcoming booking, or who fall ill during their rental.
- Most Palma Airport car rental companies provide maximum flexibility with regards to changes to the car hire (e.g. time and location) and cancellation policies.
- For detailed terms and conditions, please check with the relevant car hire company.
If you have chosen a car hire company located a short distance away from Palma de Mallorca Airport, you may be taken there on a shuttle bus. The following measures have been put in place to ensure that your journey is safe:
- There is a strict limit on the number of passengers on each shuttle bus to or from the car hire office.
- Passengers are provided with a hand sanitiser prior to boarding the bus.
- Bus drivers wear appropriate PPE.
- Every shuttle bus is thoroughly cleaned and disinfected at the start of each day.
- Between trips, the driver disinfects handles, seatbelts and other frequently touched surfaces on the bus, before collecting the next passengers.
Robust cleaning protocols are in place to ensure that all hire cars at Palma Airport are Covid-safe:
- Cars are disinfected after every rental, with special attention being paid to the parts that people touch the most: steering wheels, dashboards, radio dials, centre consoles, hand grips, cup holders and door handles (both inside and out), etc.
- Extras such as child seats and GPS devices are removed from the hire car for cleaning and sanitising, following which they are stored securely until the next rental.
- After the vehicle has been cleaned according to the Covid-protocol, most Palma de Mallorca Airport car rental companies place a cleaning certificate in the car and seal the driver’s door with a sticker. An unbroken seal provides reassurance that no one has entered the vehicle since it was cleaned and sanitised.
- Palma Airport car hire companies don’t mind you using your own cleaning/sanitising products if you wish to give the car an additional clean and wipe-over. However, please avoid any products containing bleach as these can damage parts of the car.
- Any car that is suspected to have come in contact with a Covid-positive person is being quarantined.
Near Palma de Mallorca Airport
If you need to return your car with a full tank, the closest petrol station is a Repsol garage close to the airport’s exit. To get there, you’ll need to drive past the car rental drop-off point, past departures, take the first exit on the right and continue along that road until you reach it.
Airport service stations are never the cheapest. So you’re better off filling up at one of these service stations close to the airport instead:
Repsol, Camí de Son Fangos, 151 …………..……..3km away
Repsol, Camí de Can Pastilla, 35 ……………………5km away
BP, Carretera Palma – Porto Petro, Km 10 …….5km away
Collecting your car at Mallorca Airport
When it’s time to collect your car from Palma Airport, have your passport, credit card, driving license and booking confirmation (if you booked in advance) handy to speed things up. If you’re from the UK, you’ll also need to obtain a code from the DVLA and show it at the rental desk.
Driving in Mallorca
- Ground Floor Arrivals
- Url: http://www.sixt.co.uk/car-hire/spain/majorca/palma-de-majorca-airport
- E-mail: [email protected]
- Sixt Bookings: 902 491 616
- Sixt Customer Service: 902 107 326
Enterprise, Alamo, National
- Ground Floor Arrivals
- Url: http://www.enterprise.es
- Enterprise Bookings: 902 100 101
Hertz – Thrifty
- Ground Floor Arrivals
- Url: http://www.hertz.es
- Hertz Bookings: 902 402 405
- Ground Floor Arrivals (at the Europcar desk)
- Url: https://www.europcar.co.uk/keddy-by-europcar
- Keddy Bookings: +34 911 505000