Compare low cost door-to-door prices for airport transfers from Palma Airport with Solhop – the highest rated private transfer supplier in Spain.
from Palma de Mallorca
Pre-book Taxis Online
Savvy tourists arriving at Palma airport tend to pre-book their taxi online and have a driver waiting for them inside the arrivals area. It is probably the most stress free way of getting to your destination and generally quicker than contracting car hire. The driver holds a sign with name on and quickly gets you to the waiting vehicle without any queuing.
We recommend Solhop.com, a fully licensed Spanish transfer supplier. You don’t need to make any advance payment when you book. Pay your driver in cash or with a card. You can also cancel your booking at any time without having to haggle about refunds. If you prefer, you can hire a car without a driver here.
Best PMI Taxis
Solhop airport taxis have been awarded the “Certificate of Excellence” by TripAdvisor for several years running.
Book now pay on arrival
Book your taxi without making any payment and pay your driver when you arrive at your destination.
Cancel for free
You can cancel your Palma airport taxi for free at any time before your travel.
Solhop use the very best licensed taxis along with experienced professional drivers at low cost.
Where are the taxis at Palma Airport?
Taxis can be found directly outside of the public arrivals hall at the main taxi rank. When you exit the arrivals hall, head towards the covered walkway and you will find the taxis right next to it. During busy times there can be considerable queues at the taxi rank and you may have to wait some time until a taxi becomes available. In order to speed things up, it is worth pre-booking a taxi before you travel. That way, you will have your taxi driver already waiting for you when you arrive.
Local Palma Taxi Tariffs
The rates listed below can help to give you an idea of how much a journey will cost; however, it is a good idea to always ask for an estimate before getting in, so as to avoid any quarrel later. Palma airport taxis from the taxi rank have four basic fares:
(from 9pm to 7am) as well as Sundays and Bank Holidays
Inter-urban night-time tariff
(from 9pm to 8am) as well as Sundays and Bank Holidays
(from 7am to 9pm) in Palma
Inter-urban day-time tariff
(from 8am to 9pm)
You may also be charged the
following extras for each journey:
Return to the Airport – Collection Time
If you want to know the best time to be collected by your taxi to go to the airport, consider the estimated journey time to the airport and plus an additional two hours to this. Minus this from your flight departure time, then this will be a good time to get your taxi.
- Solhop Taxis: +34 693 900 900
- Fono taxi (Taxi phone): 971 728 081
- Palma Taxi: 971 401 414Radiotaxi: 971 755 440 / 971 764 545
- Telephone taxi: 971 743 737 / 971 744 050
- Taxis for disabled persons: 971 703 529
- Tele Taxi: 971 200 900
If you wish to use taxis to get around Palma, you could download the app MobiPalma, available on Apple or Android, to view taxi stops near you and to order your taxi.
Most of the vehicles are accessed via ramp and can accommodate manual as well as powered wheelchairs. If you are planning to travel in a power chair, you may wish to check that the total unladen weight of your chair is not above the weight limit for the wheelchair taxi, especially with regards to the tie-down-system, as some power chairs can be very heavy.
If contacting the taxi companies by telephone, it is useful to know a little Spanish. However, the companies are generally helpful and will try to put you through to an English-speaking member of staff if needed.
The fares vary from company to company and you may wish to obtain several quotes to compare prices. As a rough estimate, wheelchair taxis are between 25-40 % more expensive in comparison to a standard taxi.
Below is a list of wheelchair taxi providers
- This company provides a range of different-sized vehicles, including wheelchair taxis. On their website – www.mallorcataxi.com – these are also referred to as “Eurotaxis”.
- To book a taxi, you can fill in a booking form on the company’s website. You will need to indicate in the comments section that you need a wheelchair-accessible vehicle.
- Alternatively, you can contact the company by email: [email protected]
- Payment is made to the driver in cash or by card on arrival at your destination.
MAJORCA AIRPORT TRANSFERS
- This company has some wheelchair accessible taxis in their range. Please see https://majorca-airport-transfers.com/specialist-transfers/.
- Due to limited availability, it is important to book well in advance.
- Quotes can be obtained, and bookings can be made via e-mail at: [email protected].
- You can also reach the company by telephone on Tel: +34 971 549497
- Apart from wheelchair-accessible airport transfers, this company also offers a range of different tours around the island of Mallorca.
- You can find more information on their website: https://www.taxi-mallorca.com/en/eurotaxis.html
- To book a wheelchair-accessible taxi, you will need to fill in the booking form on the company’s website and tick the appropriate box on the form.
- For enquiries, please email: [email protected]
radio taxi pollensa
- Information about this company can be viewed on https://taxipollensa.com/en/adapted-taxis-mallorca/
- For wheelchair accessible airport transfers, please book online via the company’s booking form: https://taxipollensa.com/en/bookings/. Online bookings will need to be made at least 24 hours in advance.
- If you need a wheelchair-accessible airport transfer at short notice or for wheelchair taxi journeys elsewhere on the island, please call +34 971 866 213
Alternative benefits of a Taxi
Knowing a bit of Spanish is useful as not all drivers may be fluent in German or English. However, most drivers are helpful and generally friendly. If you are with a driver fluent in your language or your Spanish is good enough, then they may be able to help you with local knowledge. If you want to know about good bars or restaurants or one that’s recommended, drivers are good to ask as they often have a few in mind. Also, they can help in directing you to the areas with the best or most lively nightlife or most spectacular natural attractions on the island.