Palma Airport passenger assistance meeting points are signed as ‘Sin Barrreras’ meeting points. These meeting points have intercoms where passengers can contact the assistance team and get help from these points onward.
The meeting points are clearly signposted inside the main terminal building at Palma airport and also just outside. The several meeting points are strategically placed around Palma airport.
These are mainly found in the departures area but also the arrivals forecourt and the vehicle parking area.
The support service offered to travellers with reduced mobility involves of the following.
At these meeting points passengers with reduced mobility or disabilities can announce their arrival at Palma airport and request the prearranged assistance.
Once at a meeting point passengers are, depending on the type of wheelchair, permitted to stay in their wheelchair up until entry into the aircraft. This is unless their wheelchair or scooter needs to be placed into the aircraft hold then they will need to change wheelchairs at the check-in desk for a wheelchair provided by the airport.
– Meeting and accompanying the passenger to and from the meeting point
– Helping with hand luggage
– Taking a passenger to the check-in desk and assisting
– Accompanying the passenger through the security check point, customs
– Assisting with boarding and disembarking
Palma airport’s meeting points for persons with reduced mobility are correlated with the support services provided. These meeting points are found as follows.
1 The main terminal building, Floor 2 Departures (Check-in) on the forecourt/sidewalk outside.
2. The main terminal building, Floor 2 Departures (Check-in) Departures hall inside.
3. The main terminal building, Floor 2 Departures (Check-in) Departures hall inside, far side.
4. The main terminal Building, Ground Floor Arrivals forecourt/sidewalk just outside.
5. Parking Building, Floor 4 Just by the connecting walkway to the Terminal Building Departures.
6. By the Parking Building, ground floor on the forecourt/sidewalk outside. By the bus stop, under walkway.